The Lifesaver campaign gives employees a conduit to support emergency bursaries for UFV students. There are a variety of ways to donate: one-time gift, payroll deduction, or supporting special offers by Sodexo in the Cascade Café in Abbotsford and by the UFV Bookstore.
Stemming from an identified need to help students facing sudden, stressful unexpected financial crisies. UFV employees have been supporting the campaign since 2010.
The goal for the Lifesaver campaign this year is $40,000 up from nearly $30,000 in 2014. Last year the bursaries supported by the campaign helped more than 160 students.
This is your opportunity to change lives and build community. Your help positively impacts our students' lives and influences their futures.
Many situation can contribute to an unexpected financial crisis and put a student at risk of losing everything he or she has worked for. Some financial hardship students are faced with include family death, homelessness, personal crisis, emergency vehicle repairs, fire loss of property or loss of home, and emergency medical expenses.
UFV is no ordinary university. You know that. Working at UFV is about so much more than being employed. It’s about being part of a community. It’s about supporting students. It’s about being dedicated to the importance of higher learning. It’s about making passions and dreams a reality.
Everywhere you look on campus you see caring, dedicated faculty and staff going to great lengths to help today’s students become tomorrow’s leaders.
Please take your dedication to students and community just one step further today by supporting one of these funds:
Every single dollar you give goes directly to the fund and helps students live their dreams.
- UFV Student Emergency fund. Emergency funding helps students who need financial support during a sudden personal crisis. Many situations can contribute to a sudden and unexpected, stressful personal crisis and put a student at risk of losing everything for which he or she has worked.
- Faculty and Staff Bursary. Providing support for students in financial need.
- Other funds. You may choose to support your faculty, an existing award, or help us purchase equipment and library resources.
Support students and UFV by giving today.
Click: Scroll to the Donate Now button and click!
Call: 604-854-4595 or toll-free +1-888-504-7441, ext. 4595
Already a Lifesaver? THANK YOU!
We want to challenge you this year to:
Please tell your colleagues about this campaign and ask them to Be a Lifesaver, too.
- Renew your gift! Renew your donation right now, or if you are on automatic payroll deduction, do nothing and your gift will automatically renew. If you wish to change your gift in any manner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Increase your donation. Consider how many more students you can help if you increase your gift!
- Become an ambassador and ask a friend or colleague to match your gift. Long gone are the generous matching funds that we were able to offer in years gone by. Consider the impact this has on our students, and ask one of your friends or colleagues to match your gift.