In 2013, we generated $20,000 and more than $100,000 since the campaign began in 2010.
This year we challenged you to do more. And, you responded.
At the Nov. 19 Lifesaver Celebration, it was announced that the caring employees and friends raised the bar 42.5% higher in 2014.
I'm proud to announce that together, we have raised...
The need is still there, and you can help.
Sodexo continues support of the Lifesaver campaign through several menu items.
Please look for "Lifesaver" menu items at the Cascade Cafe and buy them. Sodexo will continue to support the Lifesaver campaign by donating back partial proceed from these special "Lifesaver" menu items.
Tell your friends and head down to the cafeteria to enjoy a Lifesaver burger or cinnamon roll with a cup of coffee? You'll be having a delicious lunch with helping a student in need.
Bring your own mug for a cup of coffee and you will be helping students in need at the same time as reducing waste in the environment.
Click here to see photos from the Lifesaver Wrap-up Celebration held Nov. 19, 2014.
UFV is no ordinary university. You know that. Working at UFV is about so much more than being employed. It’s about being part of a community. It’s about supporting students. It’s about being dedicated to the importance of higher learning. It’s about making passions and dreams a reality.
Thanks to the generosity of UFV Faculty and Staff, the Be a Lifesaver! campaign helped 236 students each overcome a personal crisis with much-needed emergency dollars.
Yet, there are still students choosing between books and food, gas, or daycare.
Today's reality is that every post-secondary institution is experiencing government financial cutbacks and corporate philanthropic declines.
That’s why we need your help.
Do you work with our students face-to-face in the classroom or administration? Or, do you work to serve students behind the scenes, keeping this institution humming. Whatever your role and level of student contact, you can change our students’ lives, influence their futures, and build community.
Everywhere you look on campus you see caring, dedicated faculty and staff going to great lengths to help today’s students become tomorrow’s leaders.
Please take your dedication to students and community just one step further today by supporting one of these funds:
- UFV Student Emergency fund. Emergency funding helps students who need financial support during a sudden personal crisis. Many situations can contribute to a sudden and unexpected, stressful personal crisis and put a student at risk of losing everything for which he or she has worked.
- Faculty and Staff Bursary. Providing support for students in financial need.
- Other funds. You may choose to support your faculty, an existing award, or help us purchase equipment and library resources. Learn more about Departmental projects, click here.
Every single dollar you give goes directly to the fund and helps students live their dreams.
Hurry - the campaign ends October 31. Please give right now!
Click: Scroll to the Donate Now button and click!
Call: 604-854-4595 or toll-free +1-888-504-7441, ext. 4595
Already a Lifesaver? THANK YOU!
We want to challenge you this year to:
- Renew your gift! Renew your donation right now, or if you are on automatic payroll deduction, do nothing and your gift will automatically renew. If you wish to change your gift in any manner, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Increase your donation. Consider how many more students you can help if you increase your gift!
- Become an ambassador and ask a friend or colleague to match your gift. Long gone are the generous matching funds that we were able to offer in years gone by. Consider the impact this has on our students, and ask one of your friends or colleagues to match your gift.
Please tell your colleagues about this campaign and ask them to Be a Lifesaver, too.