As a public body, the University of the Fraser Valley complies with British Columbia's Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Specifically, the University complies with the following provisions of the Act (RSBC 1996 ch. 165):
- Personal information is collected directly from the individual about whom it relates
- Personal information is secured from unauthorized access
- Personal information is collected, used, and disclosed for purposes consistent with UFV's program and service offerings
- Individuals have the right of access to and a right to request correction of their own personal information
- Personal information is retained for the time period to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected
- Individuals will be notified about the purposes for which information is collected, and when information is collected for optional use, individuals will consent to the information collection.
- The University has designated a Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Officer, who has responsibility for ensuring that the University complies with FIPPA as well as responds to individual members of the public who request access to their own as well as to public records in the custody and control of the University.
We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. Any information you provide will be used to deliver services and to keep you informed and up to date on the activities of UFV. This contact may include updates on programs, services, special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, open houses and more. If at any time you wish to be removed from our contact list e-mail us at email@example.com, and we will gladly accommodate your request.
Please log in to manage your email subscriptions.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at http://www.priv.gc.ca/